It's Christina's birthday today and we are giving her simple things as a present. Here are some of mine...
* A day off in the middle of the week
* Going on a date with my fiance: some wine, a fun French movie... just the two of us in the middle of wedding planning craziness.
* Beautiful simple posts by friends
* Dreaming about travelling
* Discovering details of New York through Kristina's camera
* A coffee date with a good friend
* A text message just to say "I'm thinking of you"
* Rain in the evening after a very hot day
* ... And (I had to mention it) Spain winning the World Cup!! I'm still smiling! This couldn't have happened at a better time for Spain, we really needed a reason to celebrate. I celebrated in Oxford with my Spanish friends but here's an account from a Brit in Madrid.
More simple things here and here.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Remember when summer was a time for fun and rest? Remember when you were a child and summer days felt so long that you didn't know what to do with them?
I can't remember the last time that I allowed myself to do nothing, but this weekend I'm trying to bring back a bit of that summer feeling and I'm doing nothing but watching movies, meeting friends, and resting (and of course I'll watch the Spain-Holland game tomorrow!). I'll leave you with a beautiful video (via the lovely Frolic blog) that will hopefully inspire you to slow down and play as well...